Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Living with Arthritis is like the Movie: "The Picture of Dorian Grey"

Mere Mortals Morph into real life 

Dr. Jekel and Mr Hydes


For any of us living with Arthritis, the chronic pain, stiffness and exhaustion can become overwhelming.
You have all these thoughts about what ifs or how am I going to do that. Your pain is always there, and there is no hope that it will go away. 

You manage your symptoms, flares and remissions. Some flares feel as if you will never (fill in the blank) again!

But slowly you do. Then anxiety and anticipation. When, where and how will it appear next. 

In the movie, "The Picture of Dorian Grey" a foolish young man wishes that he never ages like the portrait he was having done of himself. He was unaware that the cat statue he was standing next to had some Egyptian powers and granted his wish.



The man never aged, only the painting showed the true man's reflection. He hid the painting for fear that someone would see him as he was underneath his youthful appearance.

Arthritis can be like that Dorian Grey, looking like a young healthy person, never ageing or a care in the world. You see, in the movie, Dorian is really a repulsing disfigured creature as his portrait shows, but nobody sees until the end. (spoiler alert) .

Arthritis makes you like Dorian Grey. You may look fine, but underneath you have this fiery dragon racing all through your body. Every step, in fact sometimes every breath seems to have to be calculated. It can be overwhelming, tiring and down right depressing.




Nobody can see this torment or pain.

It's hard but you have to see through the pain by living each moment. How are you right now? Comfortable, cozy with the dog on your lap? Then you are dealing with your pain.


 Zippy, my rescue Blind Italian Greyhound

I am reading a book about Living Well with pain and illness, the mindful way to free yourself from suffering, by Vidyamala Burch of Breathworks. Yes, suffering. I read from so many of you on twitter #chroniclife #spoonie and google+ and empathize.

If you have read any other of my posts, you know I strongly believe in cognitive behavioral therapy, 
or aka, therapist! A therapist can give you other coping skills, understand when the whole world doesn't and basically keeps you from going bonkers in a world of pain and suffering.




With arthritis, most people see you as Dorian Grey (not perpetually young, just normal looking), but underneath, all sorts of badness made him hideous.


Pain sufferers are hideous on the inside, and that brings on additional anxiety knowing that no one can tell what pain you are experiencing.

Mindfulness will help you deal with the emotions that come with the pain. Not to torture yourself with why me's, to why not, it is a human condition and you have to deal with it with a rational aware mind.

I am not finished with the book, but there are a lots of explanations how the author got through the toughest of pain and suffering. I urge you to try the same techniques to try and live well with your form of arthritis and/or autoimmune disease.

So head out to the internet and get this movie, and see if you see some resemblances to living with your chronic life. Until then....


Keep Up the Good Fight!





3 comments:

  1. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my time I was diagnosed of Herpes and HIV/Aids I was advised not to speak to certain people about my Health “orthodox side” because they’re all lying shills and sociopaths or not take seriously scientific information on HIV because according to the denialists it’s all propaganda from the “AIDS establishment”. I decided to do some search, Rethinking AIDS and Herpes denialism in general, it caused a wave of attacks against Herbal Medicine and medicated drugs, anger, disbelief and insults with some members even alluding to the fact that I was the leader of Rethinking AIDS at the time. Of course I wasn’t and I always reminded them that I was and independent even if I was positive of those diseases. I come across a search on how Dr Itua cure people suffering from, Herpes, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis, Cancer, Epilepsy,Copd,Parkinson,Ledder Diseases, then I decided to give a try although i have had a lot of stories about Nigeria scam so I was scared of it at first then I had a second thought telling me to give a try so i finally order for it and it was sent to me through courier service and I take it for two weeks and I was healed, I still find it difficult today to be real I'm living for a year now without outbreak or taking ARV Drugs, I'm supporting Dr Itua Herbal Center and also promoting his herbal medicine online for people suffering from any kind of disease to contact him on Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number On...+2348149277967. At this point of view regarding HIV/AIDS, HERPES, GENITALS, WART, COLD SORE. You can say I was very involved with the movement; I spoke on radio shows about Dr Itua, filmed my own YouTube videos, wrote my own articles about Dr Itua and attempted to inform every person I could about this information. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    I have cppd too. I setup this blog yesterday before I found yours.
    https://cppd-pseudogout.blogspot.com/2020/03/my-cpd-story-how-i-diagnosed-myself.html

    Have you tried taking a mixed vidamin D, magnesium and calcium supplement?
    I was amazed how quickly my last flare up healed when I tried this.
    . The tablet I took had 250 micrograms magnesium, 599 microg. calcium and 5 microg. vit D(the RDA). Thre is a definite link between insufficentvitamin D and free Calcium since vitamin D helps the body absorb it. If you are stuck inside and older than 40 you are definitely vitamin D deficient.
    good luck
    After reading the abstracts on hyperparathyroidism, my next step is to ask my doctor to investigate this.

    ReplyDelete